Thursday 19 November 2009

Eduardo Munoz Bachs






My higher education was more about hands on learning than textbook, which a good thing becaue it really aided my passion and excitement about the work I do. If it hadn't been I probably would have struggled to graduate. However, it does mean I lack some understanding of traditional world class design and illustration. Only after leaving university did I actually learn of Milton Glaser, Paul Rand, Saul Bass and all the other greats, which is in a way shameful for me but at the same time has work for me.
Learning about them over time has allowed me to really immerse myself with these peoples wisdom and work. Just yesterday I stumbled upon another of which I didn't know by name, only by work, Eduardo Munoz Bachs. Man this guy is the real deal no joke. Some absolutely amazing work that is truly inspiring.
I suggest typing this guy in google and do your own discovering. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy! Ha, I was prepping a lecture for one of my screenprinting classes and typed Bachs' name into google to pull up some jpegs.

    Funny to see that the pictures from the small exhibition I did of his work last year is now one of the top things that comes up in google - glad that you dig them, my students usually go nuts for his work as well.

    I have one of his children's books scanned in my flickr too, cheg it oot!

    www.

    ReplyDelete